Welcome to Waters!
Dear Parents and Students,
As we begin this years journey together, we want to say how much we look forward to working with you and your children to have a safe, healthy, and productive school year. Our staff is excited and ready to ignite each child's desire to learn! We will implement our longer school day plan to further enhance your child's learning experience. Some of those enhancements are:
1. Departmentalization in Grades 3 through 8 Departmentalization will help prepare students for college and career readiness and ensure more focused instruction in each of the core content areas. Students in Grades 3 through 8 will rotate among the teachers in their grade cluster.
2. Specialized Instruction in Language Arts for 2nd Grade
3. Focus on Science Experiences
4. Executive Functions Training will include materials management, time management and planning, organizational skills, higher order thinking, and study strategies for Grades 5 through 8. Grades 3 and 4 will be utilizing some of these components. There will be a parent meeting (TBA) for more information on this.
5. Quarterly Parent Meetings
6. Partnership with Chicago Arts Partners in Education (CAPE)
7. Partnership with Local Newspaper to encourage student writing
8. Partnership with the McCormick Foundation's Chicago Journalism, Art and Media (C-JAM) Educator Technology Fund
9. Partnerships with Local Universities for Student Teachers
We will continue to seek out additional partnerships to enhance our school's programs and goals. We look forward to seeing you this year!
Titia Crespo, Principal
Nilsa Alvarez, Assistant Principal
It looks like you don't have flash player 8 installed. Click here to go to Adobe's download page.