WATERS' CRAFT MARKET
CALL FOR ARTISTS & MAKERS
Lincoln Square / Ravenswood Holiday / DIY Craft Market
Saturday, December 13, 2014
10 am to 3 pm
4540 N. Campbell Ave., Chicago, IL 60625
Applications now open for Lincoln Square/Ravenswood holiday/DIY juried craft market.
Ideal way to for newcomers or small scale/Etsy shop vendors to showcase DIY talent and work, while supporting a Chicago neighborhood public arts-magnet school and its students. Hundreds of neighbors, families and friends attend this annual holiday market for food, fun, community, and shopping locally together.
Applications accepted from September 18 – October 15. Notifications via email by October 31.
Because we receive many more applications than we can accept and to keep the items offered at the market within our quality standards, Waters’ Craft Market is a juried event. A table fee of $65 will be collected once you are accepted for costs associated with the event; 100% of proceeds of your sales will be your own.
To apply, please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Type “2014 Application” in the subject line
• Your Name & Business Name
• Email address & Website address
• Street Address & Phone number
• Brief description of your work
• Price point (a range and average price)
• 3-5 jpeg images of your work, a digital portfolio or a website link
Keep in mind the following when you apply:
• Your items must be made by hand and DIY craft-oriented in approach.
• We aim to offer a diverse line of goods, or specialized products that are available in a variety of styles. The jewelry category, for example, is incredibly competitive; if you offer jewelry along with other items, this is to your advantage.
• The average price of your items fit our goal of promoting accessible, affordable handmade/ DIY goods; prices typically range between $1-$75.
• Your items must be creatively and professionally presented.
The Waters’ Craft Market will be promoted extensively on websites & social media, and via flyers and street banners.
For additional information, please email email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Waters’ Craft Market Committee
Shop local & handmade for the holidays!