Below are some important facts for you to know:
CTU leadership has issued a 10-day strike notice. With this action, a strike could begin as early as Tuesday, October 11. In the event of a strike:
● All classes and extracurricular activities will be cancelled.
● We encourage you to keep your student(s) at home or at a non-CPS facility during the strike.
● School will not be in session, and no attendance penalties will be incurred.
● For those families who do not have that option, the building will be open and Waters non CTU staff will be present. This includes our custodial staff, lunchroom staff, security, Ms. Alvarez and myself.
● To find the most convenient site for your family, visit the CPS web page or call 311. Using the map you can find your site options, as well as register your student(s) if they plan to attend.
● Food service will be provided at each site, as will activities to keep students safe and engaged.
● CPS buses will not be operating, but the CTA will provide free transportation to students from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
● Chicago Park District (Welles and Horner Parks) and Chicago Public Library (Sulzer) sites will also be available to students.
Where Can I Find More Information?
For contingency site locations, hours of operation, and frequently asked questions, check the CPS web page or call 311. There are also child care resources through the Neighborhood Parents Network..
I know this time is a challenging one for our entire school community, and I thank you for your patience and support as we make certain we’re prepared.