WHO TO CONTACT IF....
I Have Health Related Questions And Concerns
Some examples of the health related issues that may be relevant to your child are:
- Allergies, Asthma, Diabetes, Social/Emotional Needs, etc.
- Referrals for Counseling
- Immunizations, Physicals, Dental Requirements (click here for CPS requirements)
- IEP Plans
- 504 Plans
A nurse is assigned to Waters once a week. Waters’ counselor/case manager is full-time every day. Please directly contact either with questions or concerns. Email is the best mode:
- Counselor, Case Manager (full-time): Hadley Bricker - email@example.com
- Nurse (once a week): Judy Fredrickson – firstname.lastname@example.org
If email is not possible, please call the office at 773-534-5090, and follow the prompts for counselor and/or nurse, or visit the main office to request a meeting.
I Want To Contact Right-At-School (After-Care Tuition Based Program)
Right At School educators are trained on classroom management in order to foster a nurturing and engaging classroom environment, and resultantly decrease risk of bullying or inappropriate behavior. These policies and protocols are outlined in the Parent Handbook, (which parents receive upon registering) and are encouraged to refer to for more detailed information.
Parents should contact the Right At School site director with any questions or concerns.
School year 2013-2014:
Site Director, Mike Carl
Area Coordinator, Chris Dino
After exhausting these avenues and if you are not successful in resolving the issue, please contact Waters administration at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
I Want To Contact My Child Because: I Will Be Late Picking Up
For K-3: Children will be brought to the main office if a parent is not present. Please contact the school at 773-534-5090 to let them know that you will be late. If this becomes a regular occurrence, parents may wish to contact Right at School to arrange for after-school activities.
For Grades 4-8: If an emergency rises where you will be late picking up your child, please contact the office at 773-534-5090 so they can inform your child to wait on-site.
- Parents should establish an ongoing back-up plan with their child(ren) for times when they
are late to pick them up.
- Parents should let their child know that if they don't see their parent at pick up after 5 or 10
minutes, they should go to main office to check if they missed a message and/or use office
- If they have younger sibling (PreK-3) they should know that teacher will bring younger child
I Want To Contact My Child Because: My Child Forgot His / Her Lunch
No Contact Required
Cafeteria lunch is served daily at Waters school, and will always be provided for children who typically bring their own food but forget it at home that day.
Students who forget to bring their lunch should inform their teacher. The teacher will account for the student on the lunch form for the day and the lunchroom manager will make sure the student is fed. The lunchroom manager may follow up with the parent for payment. Please speak to your child(ren) in the event that this may happen.
I Need To Update My Contact Information For School Emergencies And Drills
• It is vitally important that the school has current phone numbers and addresses on file in our school data system. If you move or change your phone number, it is imperative that you notify the school and update your emergency contact information. Please visit the office to update a form.
• There is an approved Emergency Management Plan in place at Waters school. The plan is updated annually. In case of a real emergency, we will send out a robo call (automated message) to all parents. We conduct emergency drills throughout the school year, including fire drills, tornado drills, lockdowns and allergen drills. These drills will not be announced prior to the drill.
PLEASE NOTE: The Emergency Management Plan is not available for public viewing due to the safety and security of the school.
I Want To Know How Waters Contacts Families About Pediculosis (Head Lice)
Waters follows CPS Policy:
Notification letters (those approved by the law dept.) are available to be sent out for a communicable disease after it has been confirmed by the school nurse (or designee) and/or the physician.
Within the lice guidelines it is recommended that notification be sent to the students in the classroom (homeroom) of a person found to have head lice on an as needed basis. It is at the discretion of the school nurse (or designee) to determine who would require further screening – those within the classroom in immediate proximity to the identified student or the whole classroom.
- If you notice that your child has lice, please notify your child’s teacher. Start lice treatment.
Here are step by step suggestions for treating head lice.
- If you have recently rid your child of lice, but are aware he/she may have previously already
affected other classmates, we also ask that you notify your child’s teacher.
- In both cases above, the nurse or a designated staff member will check your child, and
students in the classroom for lice.
- Notification letters can only go out if lice is actually discovered by school staff or a doctor.
- If you do not receive a letter, that means there has been no lice found in your child’s classroom
by school staff or a doctor.
Please know that we take this matter seriously and need help from you, the parents. We are asking that you check your child(ren) regularly. By checking your child, this will help us as a school to intercept the spread of the lice.
If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact our counselor Ms. Hadley Bricker at email@example.com for more information.
I Want To Contact Parent And Other Organizations
To learn more about news and events from other members of the Waters community, click here to check out the new Waters Community and Events FaceBook page.
To volunteer, please email Kathleen Matuszewich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a pledge or other donation, please email Rick Bollinger at email@example.com.
To receive Ecology updates from Mr. Leki, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to his email list.
If you have school-related news to share or would like to subscribe to Waters Green Notes, please contact Cookie Sylvia at email@example.com.
If you have ideas, time or funds for Waters fundraising efforts or just want to keep up on fundraising volunteer opportunities, please email Sandi Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about parent involvement, please email the Waters Today Board at email@example.com.